FRUIT Buyer/ Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手
We are a branch of an international fruit trading company with a long history. Currently opening a new position for someone who is looking for an exciting life stationed in Hong Kong.
This position is an external opportunity for someone who is outgoing, organised, eager to learn, likes to meet new people and places, and is interested and familiar with a wide range of fruit growing and understanding how international trading and the world work.
This role will involve working between our office, located right in the heart of Kowloon next to the harbour, and studying and observing the local and online market. You will produce a list of products for trading after knowing the global trading market and understanding what we need here for the community and will set up a good foundation for successful sales for the company’s sales team.
For this senior and key position in our branch, you will need to work well in a team as well as individually; always have the latest information on the fresh products globally; able to keep good contact with existing suppliers as well as get in touch with new suppliers and deal with them; track our shipment and deliver sourcing strategy
We are looking for someone who has the following ability, skills and experience:
- At least a year of experience dealing with Hong Kong local market
- At least 2 years of experience in Australia, South Africa or US fruit industry (pre- all three of the above)
- Good understanding and communication skills
- Can source the products requested by the office
- Able to perceive what is valuable and profitable in the market, recommend it to the office and source it successfully
- Able to set up an effective supply chain for our sales team
- Respond quickly to any requests and is flexible in any situation
- Able to stand your ground for the company with persistence and dedication
- Able to use and present data to recommend and implement processes
- Able to plan, trouble-shoot, anticipate and solve problems and manage multiple tasks.
- Fluent in written and speaking English, pre-Chinese
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead and hold direct and non-direct personnel accountable for meeting daily, weekly and monthly goals.
You will be naturally skilled to succeed within a fast-paced environment - to be a successful candidate you will demonstrate a proven track record of results and meeting business expectations.
If you are interested in the role and wish to apply, please email or call Donald for more detail, tel: (+852) 28861777 or mob: (+852) 94337472 or Donald.firstname.lastname@example.org